Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A little bit about us. We are a Christian homeschooling family. Currently we have four children living at home, three girls and one boy. Tabitha is 21, Krista is 17 (graduated yesterday, Praise God!), Tara is 12 and Billy is 9. We also have a 24 year old daughter who has been married for almost 5 years!  My husband Bill and I have been married for almost 26 years, we have been saved almost ten years, Praise God.

The girls and I love working with our hands. We love to knit, crochet, bake and we are in the process of learning to sew. We are raising our daughters according to Titus 2:5, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home. Also Proverbs 31, a virtuous woman. The majority of the projects the girls work on goes to charity.

The men, my husband Bill and son Billy are very encouraging and supportive. They are both very active and are seeking ways to help the widows and widowers in our church (James 1:27 To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction).

We love to read and learn about missionaries and I have been praying for over a year for the Lord to show us a way that we can help our missionaries.  I tried selling items from a catalog to raise money, but it didn't seem to be the Lords' will.  He will direct our path and we will wait on Him.

Currently we are doing a family Bible Study during our evening devotions entitled "Jesus Is Better", it is a study of Hebrews by Sonya Shafer. She is a leading authority on the Charlotte Mason approach to homeschooling. Recently, I was able to attend a homeschooling conference and was blessed by her sessions that I attended.  The Lord has really opened my eyes in teaching our children and taught me a lot from these sessions. Praise be to God!

We are also reading "Fruitful Families" by Howard Bean. This is a fun devotional for all ages, the younger children especially enjoy the story time.  We first heard about this book from my brother-in-law and family who live in Tennessee. (Hi, if you all are reading this! We miss you!) We enjoyed an almost two week visit with them and their family, the visit truly was a blessing from the Lord.

Well I think that is enough for now. I am praying about my next entry and I think the Lord is leading me to talk more about the homeschooling convention and different curriculum that was and is a blessing.

In Christ,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment