Friday, July 19, 2013

Heading back home...

Well, I really was hoping to be better about posting, but obviously I haven't.  I will update with we our moving back home to Connecticut!  We moved here to Tennessee almost a year ago with the Lord's leading.  The Lord had us here for a season and now He is moving us back to Connecticut.  We are truly excited and can't wait to be reunited with family and old friends.  The good Lord has provided so much for us already.  My husband has his old job back and our daughter and son-in-law found us a lovely home to rent.  The house is close to his work and all of our family.  We will be going back to our church family at Calvary Baptist.  We can hardly wait!  If you could all pray for safety for our travels I would appreciate it.  It's a seventeen hour trip but will probably take longer since my husband will be driving a 26 foot uhaul.  We also have two cats and two dogs to bring back with us.  We will be traveling "Noah's Arc" style, LOL.  We have two people riding in the uhaul, two in the mini van and two in the mini wagon, then add the two dogs and two cats :0)  So please keep us in your prayers!  We pick up the uhaul on the 31st of July and will be traveling the next two days.  We can't afford to stay at a hotel so we will be sleeping at rest areas.  We are going to take our time and drive slow and steady.

I also want to update our school year.  Tara and Billy had their best year ever in our homeschooling. Tara is officially now a freshman in high school and Billy is in 6th grade. We truly loved the curriculum we used from Simply Charlotte Mason and will continue to use the same this year.  We may be starting a bit later than I wanted to because of the move, but that is one of the perks of homeschooling.

Tabitha and Krista have been busy this year with all of their crafting.  The girls have an etsy site up and running and we have had a few sales.  We also did a craft show in Alabama that was very successful.  They haven't put anything new up in quite some time on etsy, since we are moving.  Once we are settled and change the address they will be up and running again.  They have also come up with some other business ideas that they will get started on once we get settled. 

I will really start picking up my speed cross stitching when we get settled.  I have so many Christmas ideas and I really want to make all of my cards this year.  I just LOVE making them! Here is a card that I made for a dear friend at Easter this year:
I did sell some cards on etsy and some at craft shows, I love doing it!  I also am currently working on Petal Fairy by Mirabilia, don't have a pic but it is coming out lovely!  I also can't wait to get back to my Heaven and Earth Design, Lady Seated At Her Needlework.  But I can't have all of my projects out...gotta keep packing!  I will try to update again before we leave for Connecticut.  Once we get there, we won't have phone or internet until the 8th of August.  Have a blessed day!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're blogging again Mom! I can't wait to start getting back into a normal crafting routine and try some new craft ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! We're so excited y'all will be back in town soon!! :D
    Text us when you arrive so we can come help move you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Brandy, we are really looking forward to seeing everyone. We have missed you all...even Jeremy ;)

    ReplyDelete