Monday, July 22, 2013

Packing Update and meet Jack!

Well nine more days until we pick up the Uhaul~Praise the Lord!  Got some more packing done today and took our bed frame and headboard off.  Our bedroom is 98 percent packed.  Just have pillows and blankets and church outfit for me and Bill hanging in our closet.  Also got some health and beauty items packed that we won't need for a bit.  Here is a pic of our bedroom:

Not too bad, we are getting there.  I still have kitchen stuff to pack and last minute stuff, but I think we are doing well overall.  I put some listings on Craigslist for a few things we are trying to sell, pray that they sell!  We have a 26 foot uhaul and I need to downsize a bit.  Also, we figured it will be about $650.00 just for gas for the uhaul...thud!  Any money we make we will put toward that.  So expensive to move, but we know we are in the Lords will and He will provide.

So...back in December Billy, Tara and I went to our local supply store.  They sell bulk flour, spices and things like that.  Well on that particular day (5 days before Christmas) they were selling puppies for $20.00.  Billy had been begging for his own puppy because Tara has Pumpkin (our labradoodle).  Billy said he had enough money to buy one so could he pleeeezzzzzzzzzz.  I called Bill and he said if it was okay with me to go ahead.  Big mistake, or not, lol...depending on how you look at it.  Well this little guy and I fell in love.  He follows me everywhere, including our bed (yeah, Bill isn't exactly thrilled about that), and I just LOVE him!  He isn't the cutest dog, or the best behaved, but he SO LOVES me!  How can I resist!  Here is a pic I just took of him, looking very sad because of our bedroom being different:
Isn't he so sweet?  Tabitha told me he has attachment issues because if I leave without him he gets big tears.  He actually cries and barks at the bathroom door if I don't let him in.  But! Even I have to draw the line somewhere.  I'm worried that he will have a hard time adjusting to his new surroundings, but I know as long as I'm nearby he will be okay. 

By the way, I am on chapter 5 of the book Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker and I am really loving it!  It's kind of the first book I have read that gives you a "northern" look at the Civil War. 

Have a great day!
Blessings,
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment