Saturday, July 20, 2013

Starting a new book

A while back I got a book from the library and didn't get a chance to read it.  The title is Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini:
It really sounded interesting and I would love to read it. However, I am spoiled and prefer reading from my Nook.  Well, for Mother's Day Buddy and Kayla sent me a gift card for my Nook and I had purchased a couple of apps (have now totally completed Angry Birds, not sure if I should admit that, LOL) and I saw that this book was available so I decided to purchase this yesterday.  I read chapter 1 yesterday and am hoping to get some time today to read more.  I will keep you posted on what I think of it.  I'm pretty excited about it. 

Since I am talking about books, I highly recommend the Calaway Summer Series by Jennifer Erin Valent.  This series really opens your eyes about prejudice.  They are extremely well written and from a Christian author.  There is a little bit of everything in them.  Some humor, a little romance (very clean) and some action.  They will make you laugh and cry.  Definite must reads!  We have told lots of people about these books and each person who has read them, has loved them! 

Thanks for looking and please keep us in prayer, we pick up the uhaul on the 31st of  July and are praying to arrive back home in Connecticut by August 2nd!

Blessings,
Terry

1 comment:

  1. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that you've shared the books like you have. So happy you enjoyed them. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete